Legislation and Rulings

You should know relevant legislation that affects any programs within your range of activities (e.g. rights and obligations of an RTO). Many of these requirements are built into ACAS policies. For more detail, see the legislation itself:
WA: www.slp.wa.gov.au or www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/consol_act/
Commonwealth: http://www.comlaw.gov.au or www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act

This page will probably evolve in several ways:
• Much compliance is increasingly at a national level (e.g. ASQA, OHS).
• We might need to monitor state-based legislation more separately.
• We might need to monitor obligations in other countries (e.g. China, Indonesia).


Affecting both instructors and administrators
Affecting administrators only
Relevant training policies

States: S.A. | Vic. (Funding | Tas. (Reporting) | W.A. (Land grants)


Specialized legislation

Alcohol and other drugs workers
Consumer law
Children and youth (including childcare)
Counselling and mental harm
Employment (see also taxation below)
First aid
Frontline management
Home offices
Music technical production
Outdoor Recreation
Overseas students
Taxation and finance
Youth at risk