Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Australian Centre for Advanced Studies (ACAS) is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Australian Centre for Advanced Studies (ACAS) for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Australian Centre for Advanced Studies (ACAS) may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Student declaration and consent
- I declare that the information I will provide to the best of my knowledge is true and correct.
- I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.
Confirmation of student information
I confirm that:
- I have been provided with adequate information about my course to my satisfaction (including Student handbook and course information),
- Any questions I have had have been answered to my satisfaction.